QuickBooks Error H202 – Solutions Simply Answered
There is n number of faults that occur in QuickBooks due to an issue in its backend coding. One of these is the H series of errors that arise when the multi-user mode is not correctly set up. QuickBooks error H202 is a part of this series. Many users have reported this issue when switching between different modes and accessing the company data file. As a result, QB stops responding to user clicks and may shut down suddenly or display a distorted screen. This blog tries to undo the error for users who are a victim of this message – “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server (H202).”
Also Read: Find the latest methods to fix QuickBooks desktop error code h505.
Tried numerous solutions but still can’t resolve QuickBooks error H202? Instead, try having a word with our technical experts at 1.855.626.0156, and they can look into this matter for you
Factors that Give Rise to QuickBooks Error Message H202
- If QuickBooks services are not running in the right condition, this error might appear.
- Corruption in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Incorrect settings in the firewall or anti-virus program of the device.
- QB Error Code can occur if the server computer loses connection with other workstations.
- Misconfiguration in the hosting/ multi-user mode settings.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202?
Here are mentioned two of the most practical and quick methods to fix error H202 in QuickBooks –
Procedure 1 – Restart the QuickBooks Services
- Tap on the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- In the search panel, type SERVICES.MSC and click on the OK button to open a new window.
- Here, locate QuickBooks DBXX (XX is the year version) in the list of programs.
- Go to Startup Type and choose Automatic.
- Check if the Service Status reflects as Started or Running. If it is not, you need to enable it by clicking on Start manually.
- Go to the Recovery tab and select Restart the Service for all of the below –
- First failure
- Second failure
- Subsequent failure
- Next, you need to hit the Apply button and tap on OK.
- Follow the same procedure to restart QBCF Monitor Service.
Procedure 2 -Locate and Launch QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Exit from QuickBooks and open Intuit’s official website.
- Download the latest release of QuickBooks Tool Tub and save its file on your desktop.
- Double-click on the file to kick start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete this and then open the Tool Hub.
- Now, press the Network Issues button and choose QB Database Server Manager.
- Tap on Browse to locate your company data file and then hit the Start Scan button.
- Once the issue is fixed, access QuickBooks and change the mode to multi-user.
Related Issue: Easy methods to QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
We understand that not all users are tech-savvy and can’t get rid of QuickBooks error H202 on their own. This is why we have created this blog to provide and explain some effective troubleshooting techniques to do the same. In case, even after these instructions, the error refuses to leave, you should connect with our technicians over a call at 1.855.626.0156 for a fixation.