Quick and Easy Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6190
In today’s times, QuickBooks is a leading accounting and bookkeeping software. But there are specific areas where the application lacks in maintaining its standard performance. Several users have raised an issue where they encountered QuickBooks Error 6190 when accessing their company file.
The most common scenario where they are forced to tackle this issue is another user attempts to run the file in the single-user mode. “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer” may start flashing on your screen if you, too, are a victim of the same. Continue reading the below blog to learn why this occurs and how it can be rectified.
Does QuickBooks Error 6190 keep coming back over and over again? It’s time to put a permanent end to the problem. Contact our tech specialists at 1.855.626.0156 and find the best working solution for this
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6190 – Possible Causes
Here is a listicle that mentions the roots from where error 6190 arises –
- If more than one user is trying to access the company data file in the single-user mode.
- Internal glitches in the installation files may give rise to Error 6190 in QuickBooks.
- Damage to the QB company data file may also result in a problem.
- Presence of a virus inside the device or downloading malicious software.
- A block from the firewall’s end prohibits QuickBooks tasks.
QuickBooks Error Code 6190 – Effective Solutions
After discussing the reasons behind QuickBooks Error Message 6190, we must look at some helpful steps that will cure the error forever –
Option 1 – Change the Extensions of the QuickBooks Files
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select File Explorer to open a new window.
- Move to the folder in which your QB files are stored and locate the files with the same name as your data file and with.ND and.TLG as extensions. These are the Network Data and Transaction Log files (company_file.qbw.nd and company_file.qbw.tlg).
- Right-click on these files and select Rename from the menu.
- Add .old to the names of the files and press the Enter key (company_file.qbw.nd.old and company_file.qbw.tlg.old).
- Access QuickBooks Desktop and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Option 2 – Fix the Issue with Company File through QB Tool Hub
- Download the latest available version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop for instant access and double-click on it to begin the installation.
- Once this is done, launch the application.
- Hit the Company File Issues tab and choose Quick Fix my File.
- Allow the program to diagnose and rectify the issues with the file
- Later, close the window and open QB Desktop.
This blog was an honest attempt to explain the factors that influence QuickBooks Error 6190, along with its corresponding troubleshooting. We are optimistic that you were able to handle the error on your own. However, if you continue to struggle with the same, we recommend you get in touch with our certified professionals at 1.855.626.0156 for professional aid.