Proven Tips to Quickly Get Rid ofQuickBooks Error 1603
QuickBooks is a sturdy application that faces several glitches regularly due to its heavily coded programming. One of the most common scenarios where users are forced to tackle an issue is during or after QB installation. Recently, many users have reported that “QuickBooks Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an error” started flashing on their screens when they tried to access the application after installing or reinstalling it. Running the QuickBooks Tool Hub has been beneficial to multiple users in eliminating this error. However, for the rest of the population, this blog should work as an advisory guide. Read it till the end.
Feeling stuck with QuickBooks Error 1603 and can’t find a suitable solution? Get into a conversation with our certified pro-advisors at 1.855.626.0156 and understand the tricks that will help you fix the same
What Provokes QuickBooks Error Code 1603?
- A damaged QB installation file is the most significant reason behind this error.
- Invalid entries are recorded in the Windows Registry.
- If the device is missing the Windows Installer components.
- A glitch in the Microsoft components like the .NET framework and MSXML.
How to ResolveQuickBooks Error Message 1603 Yourself?
Here are two of the most common yet effective methods of resolving Error 1603 in QuickBooks once and for all –
Method 1 – Run the Selective Start Up Mode in Windows
- Navigate to the Programs and Features screen in the Control Panel and uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run window.
- Type MSCONFIG in the search panel and tap on the OK button to get directed to a new window.
- Here, click on the General tab and choose these two options –
- Selective startup
- Load system services
- Tap on the Services tab and perform the following steps –
- Check the option that says “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
- Press the Disable All button.
- Uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services” box.
- Tick the box beside Windows Installer.
- Click on the OK button and then press Restart.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop and go back to the Normal start up mode following the steps above.
Method 2 – Reinstall the MSXML 6.0 Component on your Device
- Open the Windows Start menu, and type Uninstall a Program.
- Select the option to open a new window.
- Locate and select MSXML 6.0 from the list of programs.
- Press the Uninstall/ Change button on top and then choose to Remove MSXML 6.0.
- Next, you need to visit Microsoft’s website and download the newest version of the msxml.mxi file.
- Save the file on your desktop for quick access and double-click on it to start the installation.
- After this is finished, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop and restart your system.
It is now time to conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error Code 1603. We hope the information above was able to explain the causes that evoke this error, along with the solutions that treat the same. To clarify your doubts or for additional assistance, feel free to connect with our tech team at 1.855.626.0156 anytime.