QuickBooks Software (QuickBooks Errors) is the payroll software used for small and mid-size businesses. Users can manage their accounting and payroll tasks by using QuickBooks. Sometimes, when working with QuickBooks, it may stop working due to some errors. One of the most popular QB errors is QuickBooks Error Code 12029. This error in QB happens due to corrupted files in the Windows operating system.
Describe Error Code 12029 in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks 12029 is a QB technical error. It occurs when the software cannot access the server.
The payroll error 12029 in QuickBooks also appears when the server is connected to a feeble network and tries to update the QuickBooks desktop and payroll application. Due to this, users can find an error message saying they are troubled with QuickBooks service error message 12029.
Also Read: Steps to fix QuickBooks error ps033.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Message 12029
Possible causes of QuickBooks Payroll error 12029 are listed below.
- Bad internet connection.
- Firewall settings or internet security may hamper the internet connection.
- Incorrect SSL settings.
- Ineffectual QB connectivity.
- The version of QuickBooks is outdated.
- QB is not accessible from the server-side.
Related Error: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 15240?
How do I fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
There are numerous solutions to resolve this error 12029. Users need to use each solution carefully until they figure out the correct solution. Also, remember to generate a backup of your important data to avoid any data loss.
Solution 1: Setup SSL Settings
When working with QuickBooks, precise SSL settings are too essential. So you can quickly find out how the turntables would perform. If configured with the wrong SSL settings. To set the SSL setting mannerly, follow the instructions below:
- First, launch internet explorer.
- Go to the internet option.
- Change TLS and SSL settings.
- Choose OK.
Similar Error: Troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks error 15222.
Solution 2: Reorganize payroll and QuickBooks updates
- Turn off the internet connection.
- After some time, switch on the internet.
- Download QuickBooks payroll software.
- Choose the company file and press the ctrl+k keys together.
- You will get a new window.
- Move to the edit option and untick the open payroll setup option.
Solution 3: Update Windows
An updated window provides additional bug-free functionality. If the user has not updated Windows, do so immediately. To do this:
- Open windows and click on all programs.
- Then, select windows update.
- Now, choose the buttons to check for updates.
- You will get an updated window.
See Also: Simple way to How to fix QuickBooks error 15270.
Solution 4: Check Your Internet Connection
Users must have an excellent internet connection when using QuickBooks Payroll. Your PC should have a well-established internet network so that you can easily execute the task in QuickBooks Software. If you do not have a good internet connection, you may face QB service message error 12029.
Solution 5: Update QuickBooks Version
It is more important that you have an updated version of QuickBooks. Just install the Updated version of QB.
- QuickBooks > help menu
- QuickBooks updates > latest version of QuickBooks.
- Restart your computer after installing the update.
The blog below contains all information related to QuickBooks payroll error 12029. Suppose you cannot recover from this QB payroll update error 12029 after using the above solutions. In that case, we suggest you connect with our team of certified QuickBooks Error Support professionals by dialling our QuickBooks Error Support number at +1.855.626.0156.